August 16, 2007

Ok trying again!



My last post was in February and then I couldn't quite figure the bloggy world out, but now that a really good friend of mine has taught me the fine skill of blogging I think that I might be able to pull this off! So a brief update of our life since February!


This spring we were fortunate enough to take a very long vacation throughout the western United States. It was great to be able to tour neat spots like Mount Rushmore, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Yellowstone. We weren't done schooling for the year so we took our books with us. We got some schooling done during our down time. It was neat to take school on the road!


This summer had been full of fun and very busy. We have spent a major portion of our summer by the pool or at the beach; but summer is winding down and we are preparing for school to start! Our official start day (like every year) is the day after Labor Day! My DD#1 (9) will be in 4th grade, DS (7) will be in 2nd grade, DD#2 (5) will start Kindergarten, and DD#3 (2) will have fun watching and seeing what she can accomplish this year! We are all excited. We have been to Wal-Mart, Office Depot, and Target to collect the rock bottom school supply prices for the year. We have aquired 4 desks to use for our school room this year and the curriculum is here and ready to use. Now I just need to finish purging the used curriculum and extra STUFF, (if you spend any time here you will learn how much I DETEST STUFF!!!) from our bookshelves and make them all neat and tidy to begin. Can you tell I'm so excited about this year!! I love teaching my kids!

I'm sure I will be blogging alot about school in the future, teaching my kids at home is one of my most favorite things to do! A blog that I read has just hosted a Homeschool Open House. It was so much fun, the open house is over but the links are permanent on her homepage. If you would like to check it out go here. I'm Mrs. G #95. I didn't have my blog up when I posted my entry.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Linz said...

this prolly sounds kinda stupid, but...is that a real buffalo?

Liz said...

Ha ha, not stupid at all. Yes it is a real buffalo. We were camping in Yellowstone National Park and they just roam all over the place.

Tammy said...

Ditto on the aversion to STUFF! The first thing that I do at the beginning of every school year is to get rid of as much STUFF as possible so that the important STUFF doesn't get lost in the other STUFF! Hooray for starting your blog again! I've just began my own at www.afruitfulvine.typepad.com! Blessings to you and your children in the new school year!

In His Love,
Tammy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails