September 7, 2007

Busy Bee....and Birthday Greetings

We have been busy around here! Yesterday I spent most of the day at the doctors with 5 yo DD. She hurt her foot while jumping on the stairs and we needed to have it checked out. It turned out to be a bad sprain, but it took us about 4 hours to find that out. It is still swollen with a funny looking bruise on the bottom, but we were so happy that it wasn't broken. So we will keep it wrapped and try to keep her off of it... hmmmmm, wonder how that will happen!

So yesterday was busy and then today I was a waitress! My dh grandmother owns a restaurant and I fill in when needed. Waitressing is a hard job! My legs and back ached and I think I ran the entire time I was there. One table needs water, then the food is ready for that table, opps little one at the table in the corner spilled his drink; it really isn't that different from dinner at home just more all at the same time. However, with that being said, it is fun being part of a family run business, it is neat to see everyone working together and helping each other out. Ofcourse there are stressful times, but for the most part I have enjoyed the diversity it brings to my routine.

The kids are with Dh while I'm gone and they usually plan an adventure, but somedays they stay home and veg relax!! :) Today they chose to stay home because 5 yo DD needed to rest her foot!

So when I returned from the restaurant the older kids were ready to go to the library to refill our books for the week. We love to go to the library, it is so much fun to see what treasures we can find. I also enjoy going because it is relaxing to me to be in the stillness of the library, but I'm wierd like that (my favorite smell is new school supplies - giggle!)

So after the library we returned home to start our school day. We didn't finish the whole day but we will finish it up tomorrow morning. We only need to complete science and art, so the main things were accounted for today! Have I said before that I love teaching my kids and the freedom it gives our family! It is one of my most favorite times of the day.

Well, that was my day, nothing profound just a bit of rambling! Have a wonderful weekend!


Birthday Wishes

I must send out birthday greetings to my mother. She had a birthday today and I was 1,500 miles away. That is sad for me not to be able to blow out birthday candles with my sweet mother. It really is the little things in life that we live for, and I can say that my mother has taught me that! She has more excitement for life than any other person I have ever met, just look at her smile!

She has taught me so much and I wouldn't be the person I am today without the influence of my mother. She taught me how to live with class and how to be a lady and how, even in the face of adversity, to smile. Those are wonderful things that I never would have learned without my mother. Happy Birthday Mom.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails