May 25, 2008

I'm so very excited....

today 10 year old and I made a wonderful Lemon Meringue Pie. It was so delicious. I used this recipe for the filling and this recipe for the meringue. There was no weepy meringue and the filling was so yummy. We have made it so many times to have the meringue slide right off! So we were very excited with our results. We have an abundance of lemons, as all of our lemon trees are producing beautiful lemons, so it makes me very happy to have finally mastered this pie.
I also make a really tasty lemon fish and lemon cookies but I need to find a few more ways to use up these lemons, I'm not sure how many more gallons of lemonade we can drink and our friends at church are tired of seeing our lemons as most of their trees are in full bloom too!

What are your favorite lemon recipes? I promise I will try them!

We also tried our hand today at making meringue cookies with the left over meringue - they are so delicious and easy to make and low in fat. A plus all around!

2 comments:

anita said...

lemon bars! oh so yummy!

Liz said...

Ohhh, I haven't tried those yet. I'll get right on those....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails