August 4, 2008

The heart of the matter...

We are getting prepared for our high resolution ultrasound on Wednesday. I mean we aren't really doing anything to prepare for the actual process but we are praying for peace. We were told after our first ultrasound that our baby's umbilical cord only has 1 artery instead of the normal 2. Then the dr proceeded to tell us that sometimes this goes hand in hand with genetic anomalies, but "don't loose any sleep over it!" When he first told us this I said, "Uhhh....yeah... OK!"

Hubby did a little research and found out that in 70% of cases things turn out just fine. So until today I didn't fret or worry. Landing in the 70% category didn't seem that hard; until today and then the terrible "what if..." monster reared its ugly head!

After mulling on it all day and praying and thinking, I was able to put the "what if..." monster to rest. Yes, what if.... nothing would change. We would still love and care and nurture and praise God for a blessing.

Pray for peace of mind on Wednesday if you think of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - I'll be praying for you and your little one! -Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I have just found your blog and I love it! It seems we have a lot in common. Anyway, I had this "problem" with my YDD and was told it could lead to prematurity and low birth weight. Given that my ODD was 5 weeks early, I was a little nervous. She ended up being only a day early and 8.4 lbs! The good part was I got several U/S in the 3rd trimester! YAY! My prayers will be with you that yours will turn out fine as well.

Liz said...

Thanks Shanna and Tiffany! I appreciate it. I will let everyone know what we find out on Wednesday! Elizabeth

Smockity Frocks said...

I am just catching up with you. I'll definitely be praying.

Anonymous said...

Hello, you are in my prayers. With my second child we had this same problem. Everything turned out fine...but I can relate to the what if questions.
Bree-Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails