January 21, 2008

New years resolutions...

So, I told you all that I was starting my new year's resolutions today. When I evaluate my life there always seems to be so much to learn, but the good thing is that if we work hard we can get much accomplished in a day. It always surprises me what a good day with great effort can accomplish. So without further adieu, my 2008 resolutions, 3 weeks late:

My Home:

I want my home to be a haven so I'm purposing to do one thing each week to make it more of a haven.

I want my home to be more efficient, so I'm purposing to do one thing this week to make my home more efficient.

My Bible Study:

I want my soul to crave God more and more each passing day. So I'm trying to read at least 4 chapters a day as well as MAKE time to do our devo each time with the kids (it embarrasses me that this is still a resolution, it should be a way of life!)

I want to improve my prayer life and make it more meaningful conversation and not a wish list or as my bestest friend says, "God is not a vending machine!"

My Diet and Exercise:

I want to lose weight so we have done some kid friendly circuit training.

I want to eat healthy. I REALLY want to extract white flour and white sugar from our diets. I think that they are the enemy of good health. I have given up Dr. Pepper, oh 2 days ago - so I'll let you know how I am doing. Right now I'm working on a spelt flour sour dough starter. If it turns out well I will let you know.

My Marriage:

I want to purpose to love my husband more each year. This is the same resolution every year, not because it doesn't happen but because we can all continue to die to self and live more to serve. I want to put into practice to ask him daily if there is anything that I can do for him that day and put it at the top of my list for that day.

My Children:

I want to continue to train them so they were able to grow as Jesus did:
Luke 2:52
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.


So those are my resolutions for this year. Each Friday I will let you know how we are doing. What are your main resolutions for this year?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails