March 17, 2008

Hurry scurry....

That has been my life for the last 2 days. I have been scurrying around getting the tea party all ready for DD who is now 6! She is so excited that she is about to burst and I'm having fun getting ready for a party. Now, I remember why we don't do parties at the house. Too much work, but it is tons of fun and I think she will appreciate it for along time!

We don't do parties for each child each year. Two kids get a party each year and then they switch with the other 2 the next year. (However, if our family ever got any bigger I think we would change to parties for big years only (1, 5, 10, 16 ect!).

On the no party years we have a great day celebrating amongst ourselves and a cousin or two because there is always a cousin or two on hand! The birthday kid chooses the cake and dinner and the day is all about them!

On the party years the birthday kids gets to invite 2 friends, their siblings (cause they have too and they like each other - most of the time), and all the cousins. SO just with our family alone it turns into a pretty big deal! However, since this party is for girls only, it is pretty small. Only 7 little girls and 4 moms! It has been a year since we have hosted a party so I have had fun decorating and preparing. However, it is busy and then trying to do all the daily things too makes it crazy! Well, I must go ice cupcakes! I will post party pictures soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails