December 6, 2007

Guess what happened today...

Today I was at the restaurant working when about 15 people walked in with red berets on their head that were inscribed with the word elf on them. We didn't know what was going on as they walked right past me into the kitchen and found Grandma and talked to her. I didn't know what was going on, but because many people love Grandma and her restaurant has been there 55 years and always been family run I just figured it was a story about her.

A little later one of the "elves" walked up to me and asked me if I had kids and how many and if we were going to have Christmas, I said yes and then he proceeded to say, "Well, I hope this helps out" He then handed me a $100 bill. I of course was a little surprised and then he explained that they were Secret Santa Elves. They also handed out $100 to our dish washer, the cook, and our aunt. It was a little surreal.

This Christmas is a little tight for us because of a family hardship that we have been dealing with since April, but God provides in all sorts of different ways. Just wanted to share my neat experience of the day.

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

Wow! I have never heard of that before. Cool! I wish I would bump into one. Christmas = tight around here, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails