August 28, 2008

Preschool 2008...day 4

otherwise known as "Thank Goodness Today is OVER!

We had a very busy day and if it wasn't for wanting to chronicle a week worth of preschool I would have scrapped it all together. Sometimes in homeschool life, life happens!
We started our day with an optometrist apt for 3 kids, 2 of which ended up in glasses. We arrived at 9:15 and got home about 1:00! It was quite an adventure, complete with 3 year old emphatically telling the eye Dr. that "she DID NOT like the dark!"


I was very tired by the time we came home and sweet hubby had to dash off to work, but he was so wonderful to go to the appointment with me! I was so grateful to have him there, I don't like making any kind of medical decision without him and I knew that it was going to be an expensive day so I needed him there.
So we ate a quick bite and rested for a moment, then it was off to pick up glasses and Tae Kwon Do! When I got home I was overtired but sweet hubby got kids tucked in for me!


Anyway, back to preschool. Our schedule for the day was gone and I just decided it would be a preschool day for everyone! So we went outside for a nature study.


I love the Bottle Brush tree in the backyard!


The roses are beautiful, I especially love the bee on the outside of the flower!

Dear son liked the fronds, he wore his shades to protect his dilated eyes.



Dear daughter took protecting her dilated eyes to a new level with shades, a hat, and an umbrella!


She also over estimated my instructions for a rather large leaf. However the large palm frond was very neat to look at up close!


One of our leaf rubbings and my sweet preschooler examining a leaf!


My sweet kids with their new glasses! They look so cute and too grown up!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great day!

The kids look good in their glasses too!

Aimee said...

My sweet girl would be so jealous of their glasses, everytime I go she is dying to get a pair. (From personal experience I know the thrill does wear off!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails