August 26, 2008

Preschool 2008...day one (and two)

I have avoided preschool for awhile now, but alas 3 year old is ready to start and I'm, well:

BUSY!

However, school must go on! So we have worked out a really great schedule that demands more of my time, but at the end of the day I'm satisfied and content with our day and not stressed and regretful that things didn't get done. So I have added preschool to this years line up and day one, Monday, was great.

We read this wonderful book:

And we used some finger-paints to learn that yellow and blue make green. *

(Sorry I didn't get a before picture, only one after we attacked the paints! Also, pretend like you don't see the laundry drying on the railing or the library books that weren't put away - OK, thanks!)

So while sweet 3year old and I are busy with preschool time what are my older kids doing you want to know? Well, I'm glad you asked:





They are giving Kessie, Tweetie, and Oreo some much needed love and attention! Our preschool time is slated to take 30 minutes, so I set the timer for 10 minutes and every time the timer goes off they switch animals! (Just a note: Oreo doesn't really appreciate her picture taken - ever!)

So today was day 2 and I had planned to play with green play doh, but I forgot to make a batch last night so we made banana chocolate chip bread instead! It was yummy!

So that is our version of preschool and I must say it has really been fun for me, I think sweet 3 year old enjoys it too! Check back tomorrow for a great play doh recipe and day 3 of preschool!

*A note about finger paint. When I was a new mom I would go to Target and pay $5.00 for a couple of tubs of finger paint. Inevitably the first time it was used the colors were all mixed up and quite a mess; plus it didn't have much paint in it to begin with. Well, somewhere along the way I learned to make it myself and it only costs about .15 cents to make. When we are done I toss it and make a new batch next time I want to use it. So there is no storage issue and a bigger plus is that it makes my table incredibly clean! I linked above to my new favorite recipes! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Love preschool its the best! It makes me miss teaching a little.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails